Monday, June 15, 2009

How I got into hypnosis

As long as I can remember, I have been interested in hypnosis. I can remember checking out hypnosis books from the library when I was in grade school. I don't know what sparked this interst. I don't believe that I has a desire to control anyone. Of course, I had no idea what hypnosis was.

AS time went on, I recall reading an paying attention to things related to hypnosis. At the age of 37, I returned to college as a second semester freshman and got my Batchelor's Degree in Psychology and my Master's Degree in Counseling Services. I served a two year internship and went into private practice.

Sometime early in private practice, I saw an ad in a telephone book for hypnosis certification training i a town about 75 miles from where I lived. I called and made arrangements to take classes every Thursday for 200 hours of training. Eight hours a day.

The training was horrible. Ny license as a counselor allowed me to practice hypnosis but I thought I would be more comfortable getting certified. This particular instructor had his own agenda. He had problems with the whole mental health and nedical system I, myself, believe that both systems are broken but I was paying for training and not to hear the instructor pontificate. At least two different times I explained to him that I paid for training and if he was not able to provide that on that particular day, I could leave and come back nest week when he was prepated.

I completed the training and got my certification. I felt like I really didn't have a clue as to what hypnosis was all about. I started going to trainings and conventions ( my favorites were in Las Vegas ). I also read all the books I can find on hypnosis and search the web for relevent articles. That is the purpose of this blog - to share information of value to the publec and the professional.

No comments: